What are some popular tourist destinations that you have no desire to ever visit?

 Machu Picchu looks like a yoga parlor these days. Also like speed dating. Pretty sure every woman on Bumble and Hinge in my city has been there recently. Because it’s a fad like yoga and internet dating.


Alternative: Arequipa or Lake Titicaca. I’d go to either of those places in a flash. But I agree with another answer here: Machu Picchu looks like a bunch of “travel dicks” who don’t even really care about the place, go because it’s trendy, and to get social media points. It’s just something yuppies hear about.


I’m also just tired of hearing about the place. There are other cool ruins in South America. Though I’m over ruins. As a colorphile, I’d go to Salvador de Bahia in Brazil or back to Valparaiso, Chile (been there, awesome place, totally vouch for it.) I like these places more than dead ruins.

Buckingham Palace. Ditto. OK, maybe if I got a personal tour by the Queen. But this is how I picture it:



Times Square. Boring. Gotta say, though: walking across the Brooklyn Bridge is also a cliché tourist thing to do, and it’s just something you have to do at least once in life. “Just do it.” (I thought visiting the Metropolitan Art Museum in New York would be overrated. It wasn’t. But I have to add: every mid-sized city in America has a great art museum. I’ve been to most cities in the U.S., and the best art museum I’ve ever visited is in Milwaukee.)


Cancun. Looks awful. Go thirty miles away, and there’s probably some great beaches.


Zurich. I’d fall asleep. Subjective opinion here, but I swear I’d go to the Central African Republic before I went to Zurich. (I’m joking. But some remote Swiss canton, instead? Perfect.)


Stockholm. Been there. It’s a glorified shopping district with a sleepy historic quarter, no vibe. Lapland is calling my name, though. Lapland in mid-September: a heartbreaker.


Disneyworld. Derp. Touron Central is a good description of a lot of Florida. But I really want to go down to see Dry Tortugas National Park, on the far outskirts of the Florida Keys.


Fort Jefferson, on Garden Key, is one of the more unusual places in American Civil War history — Orlando’s got nothing on it, as far as I’m concerned. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it from a plane window en route to Cuba, but want to head out there some day. You can camp literally right next to the old fort. Looks absolutely incredible.



LihatTutupKomentar